Caavo Brings Your TV into Your Smart Home with IFTTT
San Francisco, CA – (December 20, 2018) – Caavo Inc today announced it has integrated IFTTT into Control Center, its home theater hub and universal remote, so you can receive alerts on your TV screen for upcoming appointments, important emails, security alerts and more. Using IFTTT, consumers can create a connected ecosystem for smart home products on their TV using Control Center as a hub.
A few examples of published Applets include:
- Pizza Cam: Set a trigger with your Ring or Nest door camera so when the pizza arrives your TV notifies you.
- Boss Alert: Set a push notification to your TV screen to get notified when someone with a particular email address sends you a message.
- Event Reminder: Send a reminder to your TV for whatever your next upcoming Google calendar event.
- What’s the Score?: Set your TV to tune to ESPN the minute August unlocks your door so you don’t miss a minute of the game.
- Security Alerts: If the movie you are watching isn’t scary enough, get a trigger whenever your Arlo security camera detects activity.
- Dim the Lights: Ready to watch your favorite movie? Simply tell Control Center to “dim the lights,” and your Philips Hue lighting will respond.
- TV Time: Receive a notification on your mobile device when the TV is turned on, ideal for monitoring TV time for younger children.
“The TV is the biggest shared screen in the home, and we want to make it easy for the whole family to get the most out of it,” said Andrew Einaudi, CEO and co-founder of Caavo inc. “By partnering with IFTTT, people can get even more value out of the smart home products they have in ways that are meaningful to their lives.”
"We believe everything works better together, and we're excited to welcome Caavo to IFTTT," said Linden Tibbets, IFTTT CEO, "Caavo's customers can now connect their Control Center with everything on our rapidly growing platform, unlocking valuable new experiences with their favorite apps and devices."
IFTTT is a free service that allows people to turn on countless connections between digital devices and services with simple conditional statements, called Applets. Customers create customized Applets for the services and devices they use or own. Applets use hands-free technology to get the most out of services consumers already use including: August Smart Locks, Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Nest, and Ring among others.
Control Center is an entertainment hub and universal, voice-controlled remote that unites everything connected to your TV. Control Center seamlessly searches, discovers and manages your content across live TV, DVR, streaming services and web content. Find Control Center at Best Buy, Caavo.com and Amazon.com.
Our mission is to unite entertainment for people and unite people through entertainment. Founded in 2015 by Andrew Einaudi, Ashish Aggarwal, Vinod Gopinath, and the late Blake Krikorian, Caavo currently has 85 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and Bengaluru, India. Caavo technology is protected by more than 60 patents and patents-pending. For more information, go to www.caavo.com
IFTTT gets all your apps and devices talking to each other. Not everything on the Internet plays nice, so we’re on a mission to build a more connected world. There are over 600 apps and devices including Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, BMW, Fitbit, Dropbox and Samsung available on IFTTT. From automating simple tasks to transforming how you interact with and control your home, we believe creative control of the services you use should be intuitive and accessible.
Media Contact for Caavo Inc:
Media Contact for IFTTT: